Getting a Beard Oil product is easy to do. You can buy it locally from a store or online. However, if you're new to the bearded life knowing when to use beard oil, can seem confusing. Not to worry, I'm here to help!
Benefits of using beard oil
A limited amount of research has been done on the effects of oils on beard health. Beard oil could have these benefits:
- Dry skin can be moisturized. A beard oil can help moisturize your skin and prevent dry, flaky skin. Multi-purpose oils can be applied to the skin to create a water-repellent barrier that prevents trans-epidermal water loss.
- Lessens itchiness. Flaking skin can be reduced by the moisturizing properties found in beard oil.
- Softens your mustache. Oils containing saturated fats or monounsaturated oils may be able to penetrate your hair's outer layer to maintain its natural moisture barrier. This moisture barrier helps keep your hair soft and hydrated.
- Gives your beard a nice smell. Many beard oils contain fragrances that give your beard a pleasant smell.
When To Use beard oil
The rules are simple: If you have a beard you need to take care of it. Applying beard oil after you wash your face or take a hot shower is the best way to do it. Make sure your hair and face are clean. Use a towel to dry your beard.
Depending on your preference, and type of beard hair, beard oil may or may not be something you want to use every day. It's possible to start by only applying this beard product once per day. Then, you can adjust your application as necessary. Apply it more frequently if your beard is longer, or you live in a dry environment.
Unfortunately, there is no one right amount or frequency that every beardsman should follow when applying beard oil. A lot of it will come down to trial and error.
Reduce the amount of oil that you apply to your beard if it feels greasy. Or, increase the amount and frequency if your beard is feeling dry throughout the day.
Why Should You Use Beard Oil?
Great beards are tough to maintain but present a nice aesthetic to your face. However, maintenance is a necessary step in achieving this look. Moreover, there are a lot of beard grooming benefits that you can get from using beard oil.
Beard oil has not been proven to increase beard growth. However, there is some evidence that essential oils in beard oil can support or promote hair growth.
You can tame the beast
Your facial hair is coarser than the hair on the top of your head. Beard oil adds shine and softens beard hair. It can also smoothen scraggly hairs, making your entire beard look neater.
The Skin Beneath Should Be Moisturized
Beard oil helps keep your skin supple and healthy. It reduces the likelihood of beard dandruff or itching.
Beard oil can be used to moisturize the skin beneath your beard. When you first start using beard oils, you should notice an improvement in your skin's condition and appearance.
All skin types need to be moisturized, even oily ones. You can use beard oil with essential oils that have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties if you have sensitive skin.
With that said, what’s not to love about such a fabulous addition to your grooming routine? There are many types of beard oils and all are intended for a different situation. The deep penetrating ones can help to penetrate your skin barrier and moisturize deeply.
Fuller Looking Beard
A scraggly mane can look fuller and more lush with beard oil. This oil can add shape, provide protection, and hydrate the skin beneath the beard to promote healthier growth and better overall complexion. An Australian study found that users reported a decrease in beard itchiness and increased hair health.
Have a Great Smelling Beard
You can use beard oil instead of cologne. Just carefully apply the oil to the beard so that it reaches every part of the wild animal on your face.
This is a great way to stay confident in your beard, but it'll also make you smell heavenly. In addition to being a way to smell great, beard oil is good for your beard.
What is the best way to use beard oil?
You can experiment with beard oil daily or every other day.
Don't use too much beard oil. You don't want your beard to look greasy, instead of groomed. Here are some tips.
- Massage your entire beard with three to five drops of beard oils in your hands. This should be done when your beard has dried.
- You should apply it to all of your beard.
- To ensure your beard oil is evenly distributed, use a premium Boars' hair brush or high quality beard comb for thicker beards.
- To grow a long and thick beard, you might need more beard oil.
- Style to suit your needs.
What to avoid when using beard oil
You can apply beard oil at your own pace and frequency, but it is best to avoid:
- Apply so much oil that your beard feels greasy
- Uncombed oil left in clumps
- Apply the oil directly to your face
- Oil can be used if oil causes discomfort or irritation
- Apply oil while your beard's still wet